How To Get Rid of Mice and Rats
Do you have a rat or mouse infestation in South Florida? Do you think there might be something in your walls or attic? You likely aren’t the only person in need of an exterminator in South Florida. Read on to learn how to get rid of rats and mice.
Do Rats Carry Diseases?
Mice and rat infestations reached epidemic proportions this past year, claiming lives in some areas. The CDC warns that breathing in air contaminated with viruses like Hantavirus is a major risk for humans due to the presence of the virus in rodent urine, droppings, and saliva. Infestations of rodents can spread disease without human contact.
Rodents Can Cause Damage & Home Fires
Arson is another frequent and devastating effect of a rodent problem. The teeth of rodents like mice and rats grow at a phenomenal rate. True, their front teeth, the incisors, never stop developing. For this reason, rodents like mice and rats need to chew constantly to keep their teeth from becoming too long. The wiring, internet cables, and any other household necessities can fall into this category.
Rat and mouse prevention is much simpler than rat and mouse removal. A few easy measures can usually deter rodents from entering your home, so I’ve included them below.
- Fill cracks and crevices to keep out mice and rodents.
- Make sure your home’s exterior is free of gaps and cracks by sealing them.
- Protect pipes and utility lines by sealing off their entry points.
- Ease the burden of water runoff by installing gutters.
- Get any boxes off the floor and put them somewhere safe in order to prevent rodents from nesting inside
How to Get Rid of Rats
There are some things you can do on your own to try to get rid of a mouse or rat problem if you’re currently experiencing one:
- You set snap traps, positioning them near walls where rodents are most likely to travel. In the event that the snap trap is successful, however, you will still need to dispose of the dead mouse.
- Although mice poison is available, we typically advise against using it. It is important to note that the same poisons used to kill mice and rats can be fatal to humans and pets.
Obviously, if you don’t feel like swatting around mice and rats, a South Florida rodent exterminator is just a phone call away. When it comes to getting rid of rodents, no one does it better than On Demand Pest Control, who has been serving the South Florida area for many years and has an impeccable track record.
Get Pest Control & Rodent Treatment with On Demand!
We totally get how nerve-wracking a rodent problem can be. However, they can be easily countered with On Demand. In order to eradicate rats and mice, we have the tools and knowledge to do so in a secure and efficient manner. When an infestation is allowed to continue, it can cause increasingly severe consequences. Rodent infestations should be treated as soon as they are suspected.