Mice may be little, but they are surprisingly resourceful, able to swiftly adapt to new situations and cause significant issues for homeowners.
The National Pest Management Association’s “Rodents Revealed” initiative confirmed what many people already knew: rodents are among the most common and potentially harmful public health pests in the United States. About 21 million houses in the United States fall victim to rat infestations every winter because the creatures are driven indoors by the onset of cold weather.
These tiny, evasive animals will quickly become a nuisance once they find their way inside.
But can mice really be eradicated entirely? Fortunately, there are many preventative actions that homeowners may take to safeguard their families and their homes. Read on to learn how to get rid of mice!
Tips on How to Completely Get Rid of Mice:
- Successfully reducing a rodent infestation requires prompt detection of the problem. Keep an eye out for evidence of unauthorized entry, such as droppings and nibble marks on food and wooden surfaces, including door corners.
- To prevent air leakage, caulk gaps under doors that are more than a quarter of an inch wide and cracks in the walls that are larger than a dime.
- Maintain freshness by putting perishables in sealed containers.
- Don’t let clutter take over your home or your storage spaces.
- Regularly empty the trash cans at home.
- Repair drafty windows and loose plaster around the house’s exterior.
- Maintain a dry, well-ventilated environment in the basement, crawl space, and attic.
- Put in door sweeps, fix broken screens, fix dripping faucets and clogged drains.
A mouse problem won’t go away overnight, and if left unchecked, it will only get worse. Scratching or scurrying noises in the walls, attic, or other crawlspaces are some of the indicators of a possible rodent infestation that homeowners should be aware of. The good news is that you can successfully eradicate mice from your home by taking the necessary preventative measures.
Consult a professional pest controller such as On Demand Pest Control as soon as possible if you think you have a mouse problem or want to learn more about effective methods for eliminating mice from your house. Before things get out of hand, they will do an inspection and figure out a good control method.